About Sam & Sarah

My sister & I were both put into Young Womens in October of 2012. We were both asked to over see Personal Progress. I live in Connecticut, she is in Texas. Here we hope to add our ideas to help each other & you!

Young Womens is a program set up by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormons). It is for young girls age 12-18. If you would like further information, you can go here...
Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Apostasy & Restoration Progressive Dinner

Again, I was not in charge of this activity.  I was just asked to do the appetizer.  The spiritual thought (given by one of the girls) went with the First Vision... So I prepared my appetizers accordingly!

**I later found out, that my appetizer did not need to be accordign to the theme.  My bad.  It could of just been a regular appetizer.  The theme was for the YW doing the spiritual thought at each house.

4 courses:
Appetizers
Salad/Breadsticks
Roast/Potatoes/Gravy
Brownies

Here are the food tags i made for the table.  I only had a days notice for this activity, so they are nothing fancy.  All 5 fit on a 11x8.5 sheet.  Each tag is 3x4 & folds in 1/2 to 3x2.


I have a whole wall chalk board in my kitchen.  I wanted to do the appetizers outside under our little grove of trees, but it is supposed to rain tonight, so I decided to just keep it in the kitchen & use the chalk board.  Soooo wish I was an artist!  HA!


Table is right under the drawing.

I will be serving:
Soft Pretzles (Joseph Smith praying... you know how the pretzles look like folded arms!)
Cheese dip... (the bright light)
Ranch... (2 heavenly personages) -I added this at the last minute, so I don't have the food tag for it.
Broccoli... (grove of trees)
Deviled Eggs... (satan)
Root Beer... (Darkness)

So, it may not be the most tasty of appetizers, but i'm going for creativity here =)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews